How To Choose A Bond Fund
Knowledge Required: None, this is suitable for those people who are new to investing or who already invest in equity and want to expand their investments into bonds.
- A list of the largest US and UK bond Exchange Traded Funds that trade in the UK or US.
- Video reviews of the largest fund of each type: UK government bonds, US Treasury and MBS funds, inflation-linked funds, Emerging Market Bonds, Investment Grade Corporate Bonds and High Yield Corporate Bonds.
- How bonds can provide crash protection for your portfolio.
- Understand duration risk and what it means in terms of risk and return.
- Credit ratings and how they affect the risk and return of your fund.
- How currency risk affects bond funds and their correlation to US stocks, and how to mitigate this risk with currency hedged funds.